Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vegan Thumbprint Cookies

When I first made these cookies I thought they were vegan and gluten free but then I was informed that spelt flour is not gluten free. Good to know. Anyway, I have been experimenting with gluten free and vegan recipes. It can be kinda frustrating but also rewarding when something comes out yummy. I still prefer butter loaded chocolate chip cookies though.


Vegan Thumbprint Cookies :
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Mix together:
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup quick rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
Whisk together:
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil (a little less is okay)
Stir liquids in with solids and once fully combined form dough into medium/small balls.
Place on cookie tray that is lined with parchment paper.
Indent the center of the cookie and add a small spoonful of your favorite jam.
Bake for 20 minutes. 
ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment